A Pair of early George III Chippendale period side chairs in mahogany of excellent colour and patina standing on carved cabriole legs and terminating in ‘French’ scroll toes. The backs and seats covered in 18th century needlework original to the chairs, and depicting spring flowers of various colours on a bright cornflower yellow background.
These classic chairs show many of the hallmarks of the Cabinet Makers Wright & Elwick (1747-1771)
Wright & Elwick were one of the most prominent firms operating in Yorkshire. Their list of patrons included the likes of Sir Rowland Winn at Nostell Priory and Viscount Irwin at Temple Newsham House.